*****Please note from 1st April 2020 all Hampshire County Council funded statutory and non statutory advocacy for adults and children will be provided by Voiceability – send all enquiries and referrals to 0300 303 1660 or helpline@voiceability.org *****

We provide the following types of Advocacy for adults (subject to funding):

Community Advocacy (sometimes called professional, non statutory or general advocacy) for vulnerable adults including 

  • people with a learning disability or autism
  • people with mental health issues
  • people with physical disability or sensory impairments and acquired brain injury
  • older people including those with dementia or cognitive impairments

Issues that we can provide advocacy for include

  • getting the right care and support
  • accessing services
  • finding out information
  • supporting you to make decisions and choices about the important things in your life (including parenting and child protection issues)
  • making a complaint when things go wrong

Person Centred Planning/Life Planning for people to inform their care and support plans

Self Advocacy groups  for people with a learning disability or autism – see more information on our self advocacy page

Statutory Advocacy for people who are living in Hampshire but funded by other local authorities, for example:

  • Care Act Advocacy
  • DOLS IMCA and Paid RPR (before LPS comes into force)

Advocacy for people who are funded wholly by Continuing Health Care

  • to support them with care and support plans or reviews
  • support with planning for Personal Health Budgets

Local authorities or CCGs who wish to refer for advocacy may need to commission our service.


Make a referral by completing this form or calling us on 01256 423829 for more information