We are looking for new trustees who can help the running of the charity, and are particularly keen on people who have legal or business experience. Please read the trustee job description and complete the application form if you are interested!
Volunteers play a valuable role at Speakeasy and the work we do. Over the last few years advocacy has become increasingly complicated, requiring a high level of knowledge and skills that is usually only possible using paid staff that are doing advocacy ‘day in day out’ with lots of support and supervision.
However there are still opportunities to volunteer with us. Potentially anyone can be a volunteer – all you need is to be able to act appropriately, have some common sense and a few spare hours a month.
Some of the things that volunteers can do at Speakeasy Advocacy:
- Support one of the self advocacy groups to develop their skills, make their own choices, and find out about their local community
- Support the Saturday coffee mornings in Basingstoke
- Become a “community networker” supporting one of our friendship groups
- Office work or building maintenance
- Be a Trustee representing all the local areas we work in and the people we work with
We give you full training so you can carry out your role with confidence
We pay expenses so you are not out of pocket
Contact Ruth on 01256 332795 if you are interested in becoming a volunteer