Advocacy for Hampshire children and young people

We can offer advocacy to Hampshire children and young people (who live in Hampshire or out of county) who have

  • an allocated HCC Children’s Services social worker

AND who fall into at least one of the following categories

  • Looked After Children or on the edge of care
  • Care Leavers (up to the age of 25)
  • Special Educational Needs or Children with Disabilities aged 5-25 *
  • Young people in Swanwick Lodge (even if funded by other local authorities)

We can take referrals from Hampshire Children’s Services social workers who can refer using this form. However children and young people, their families or other organisations can also refer (subject to confirmation from Children’s Services that they are eligible for the service).

*Referrals for children and young people with SEN or a disability can also be made where there is no allocated HCC social worker, by the Hampshire Special Educational Needs and Disability Advice Information and Support (SENDIAS) service.

Other local authorities who place children and young people in Hampshire can commission us to provide advocacy – read more about to do this here.

Call us on 01256 332795 or email us on [email protected] to discuss the referral in more detail.

Read the Frequently Asked Questions about the advocacy we can provide here.

We work to the National Children’s Advocacy Standards and follow the government guidance for providing an effective Children’s Advocacy service – see this document for more information

Read the Speakeasy leaflet here and the Children’s Advocacy leaflet here.